Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative)

5 posters

Go down

Should the Mass Relay Initiative be approved

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_lcap100%Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_lcap0%Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_lcap0%Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) Empty Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative)

Post by #1SithLord Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 am

Proposal: To develop and construct several mass relays utilizing mass effect technology within use of central element zero cores. They'll be placed in tactically and econimcally beneficial locations.

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) Mass_r10
Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) Zxfhms10

Mass Relays are built with two long, curved metal arms with a set of revolving rings in between them, containing a massive, blue-glowing element zero core. Mass Relays function by creating a virtually mass-free 'corridor' of space-time between each other. This can propel a starship across enormous distances that would take days, decades, and even centuries to traverse even at FTL speeds. Before a vessel can travel, the relay must be given the amount of mass to transit by the ship's pilot before it is moved into the approach corridor. When a relay is activated, it aligns itself with the corresponding relay before propelling the ship across space.

A Mass Relay network, linking the major systems and civilizations of the Galaxy would bring untold benefits to the UPF as a whole. Economically speaking, the Mass Relay network would allow instant transport of both goods and services across the Galaxy, decreasing travel time and expenses to long flight. It will boost tourism, allowing more people to traverse the Galaxy allowing for greater exchange of money. It will allow current businesses to more easily expand operations to various parts of the Galaxy and enable greater services and competition for all.

From a Military stand-point, it will allow instantaneous travel of UPF fleets to locations across the Galaxy to defend key locations that could possibly under siege. Instant travel of her fleets is no doubt a tactical advantage that we would enjoy, should a situation require it.

Another advantage to having a Mass Relay network is operation costs. A Mass Relay would, by utilizing an element zero core, generate all it's own energy when an electrical current is applied to activate it. The revolving rings would act as a generator, constantly applying electrical charge to the element zero at the core. A tiny fraction of energy released from the Element Zero core would propel the rings in a constant Quantum State of revolution, enabling it to become an infinite machine. The rest of the energy would be used to transport ships across space instantaneously.

However, such benefits also come with its own disadvantages. One being the initial investment. Such a network would require a co-op and coordinated effort by all civilizations drawing significant resources. Approximate construction time and completion of the whole network would take around ten years with all unions working in unison.

Now, the real bad side of a Mass Relay. Designs have not allowed any operational flaws to exist without outside interventtion and sabotage. That being said, a Mass Relay can become the target of a terrorist attack. Mass Relays are also virtually impervous to weapon attacks. They are practically indestructable. However, current data shows that a large object, the size of a large asteroid, colliding into the relay can destroy it while causing a massive destabilization of the element zero core. These element zero cores would be the largest energy engines in the known galazy and the energy released from one destabilized would almost equal a supernova. Needless to say, while extremely unlikely, a Mass Relay could destroy any system it's in. Good thing is, that normal operation wouldn't allow such a thing to happen. 100%.

Discussions are now open for or against the Mass Relay Initiative...

ADMIN EDIT: Name changed to Relay, Realy confused me. Razz
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) Empty Re: Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative)

Post by Forthwall Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 am

I support this
Forthwall
Forthwall
Vice-Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative) Empty Re: Senate Resolution 001 | Status: PASSED | (Formerly: Mass Relay Initiative)

Post by StanislavSoltys Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:39 am

I Support this.
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 am

Sounds good Smile The Bouneyes have hyperdrives, enabling them to cross the galaxy in two months, so I'm still deciding whether I'll vote yes or abstain Wink

Great proposal though Very Happy
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 am

So does Solova, but for helping other civilizations. Very Happy
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:09 am

So I will guess that this initiative will pass? If so, we'll need a map of the Galaxy with updated locations of all our unions so that the Mass Relay locations can be decided.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 pm

I'll update the map in a few hours Smile
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthwall Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:35 am

Up for vote
Forthwall
Forthwall
Vice-Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Voted.
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:37 am

Vooted.
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by yoda bot Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:05 pm

voted !!! ( great initiative , i realy liked this ! )
yoda bot
yoda bot
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 am

I guess this is now ACCEPTED!
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 am

Have we gotten a Galactic Map showing the locations of all unions so we can plot the network?
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 am

Since no one seems to be replying to this [https://unpf.forummotion.com/t72-galactic-coordinates-map][link][/url], so far we don't have a fully updated one with the locations of the user-controlled planets + the non-player-controlled worlds which are members of the Federation (the NPC planets number around 40 I think)

PS: The Bouneyes will help to finance and construct this system, but would prefer if there were no Mass Relay Stations located in the main part of the Boneila system, although they would not mind one located 500 AU from the orbit of Boneila, in the outskirts of the system.
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am

That's what would happen, all Mass Relays would be positioned at the outermost planet in a system.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:27 pm

But we're requesting our Mass Relay to be far from even the outermost planet Wink
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:17 am

That's fine
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down