Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation

+4
Daniel
StanislavSoltys
Blakeway4
Forthwall
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation - Page 2 Empty Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation

Post by Forthwall Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Today we will discuss the Weapons available to the Federation and Transport used across the galaxy, before discussing I would like Julien to broaden the explanation
Forthwall
Forthwall
Vice-Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation

Post by Daniel Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:27 pm

yoda bot wrote:be also, but the UNPF always have to keep monitoring these factories ...

I suppose so, but no need to monitor them closely, unless there's a threat of a war breaking out. Wink
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 1 | Weapons and Trasportation

Post by yoda bot Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 pm

I agree with you! Smile - but there should be something like: Certified UNPF Factories (for spaceships and droids factories)
yoda bot
yoda bot
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Good idea yoda! Smile (mind if I just call you yoda?)
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by yoda bot Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:52 am

thanks! - can call me yoda that if you wish Razz

yoda bot
yoda bot
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthwall Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:15 am

I don't think so, if that was true the nation that holds them controls the whole lot
Forthwall
Forthwall
Vice-Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:00 pm

What do you mean Forth?

EDIT: And what's with these first topic message reminders that appear in every thread?
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Could planet-based laser weapons of mass destruction be ok? Because Solova has one. And Forth, I'm not against the reminders. Razz Reminds me of SC4D. Razz
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I suppose they are ok, since you can't destroy anything but your own moons by doing that Razz Epitaph also has one, but can't use it on a planet, since as it orbits a planet itself, it would destroy iteself in the explosion Razz
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:45 am

Actually Solova's can only destroy other planets if they aren't blocked by anything. Razz
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthwall Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 am

I am saying that whoever owns the planet can regulated it, and Solova has Illegal weapons :\
Forthwall
Forthwall
Vice-Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 pm

No Stan, you CANNOT have a weapon that can destroy another planet Neutral (Epitaph's weapon is fine since I believe it's tidally locked to its parent planet, rendering its weapon useless except against spacecraft)

(and btw Forth, I agree with you now about the regulations of the factories Razz)
Daniel
Daniel
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by StanislavSoltys Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:16 am

Well ok then. Sad
StanislavSoltys
StanislavSoltys
Executive Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:42 am

Well, without the means to quickly transport; let's say that a planet is under siege from an unknown invader. However, it will take several days for a retaliatory strike force to come in. They'd be backing up a graveyard while enemy forces prepare their forces for a counter-strike.

The best thing for us to have, in terms of economics, transportation, and defense is a Mass Relay network. Locate mass relays at the hubs of major populations and construct new ones as more and more colonies and systems grow.

These Mass Relays (if you've ever played Mass Effect) use extremely high powered mass effect engines to warp ships to another relay in the galaxy instantaneously. Such a drastic reduction in travel time will greatly expand our own growth as a Galactic Civilization. New clusters, and systems will now become virtual backwater frontiers, minimizing the resources needed for new exploration.

However, the downside is a great initial investment by the civilizations of the Galaxy. Such a network of massive relays that require a massive intial energy boost will be both costly and time-consuming. However, in the long-term, they will pay themselves off and may save our lives. Leaving us better prepared for whatever may lay ahead.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum